Our health and social services directorate priority objectives are:
- To increase access to safe and adequate water supply, sanitation, hygiene and water catchment conservation practices in targeted areas.
- To promote practice and improve access to reproductive health services among the vulnerable communities in targeted areas.
- To reduce the spread and mitigate the impact of common diseases among the infected and affected individuals and communities in targeted areas.
- To promote increased access to safe blood and blood products for emergency transfusion in Uganda.
- To empower communities for preparedness, management and response to disease outbreaks and fatal injuries.
Core Values of URCS
These are based on the seven Principles of the Movement. The core values are:
- Open mindedness
- Democracy (equal distribution of decision-making power)
- Value for people
- Respect for gender and other forms of diversity
The principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which guide the National Society, include the following:
- Voluntary Service